John 4:10

“If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
-John 4:10, NIV

November 30, 2011

Eternal life comes from PERSEVERANCE!

THE LORD’S PROMISE:
“… To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.”
-Revelation 2:7, NIV

The Lord promised me that I would gain eternal life if I overcome life. He also revealed to me these two points on what I should do to overcome.

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO OVERCOME?

1. Persevere on being obedient

“I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.”
-Revelation 2:3-4, NIV

The Lord spoke to me through these verses and gave me an encouragement to persevere more on following His commands. The Lord wants me to double my effort and become more consistent on my work for Him. Also, the Lord has promised me that all of the works I’ve done and will do for Him would not be useless, for He will remember all of them in the last days.

2. If I fall…

“Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.”
-Revelation 2:5, NIV

a.      REPENT!
The Lord told me that when the time I fall again into sin comes, I must go back to Him and repent. He told me that if I don’t repent, the lampstand(which represents the salvation that was already given to me) will be taken away. And I don’t want that to happen, I want to inherit eternal life!

b.      Get back up and CONTINUE THE WORK!
The Lord told me that after my repentance, I should get back up and continue with my work for Him. The Lord wants to get my perseverance on working for Him back, the perseverance I have left when I fell into sin. This is the reason why the Lord wants me to remember all of the works I have done for Him before.

All in all, I could say that only my perseverance can make me become an overcomer of life. I must always remember that if I want to inherit eternal life, I must first overcome my mortal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment