John 4:10

“If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
-John 4:10, NIV

February 11, 2012

What is love? Where is the love?


Valentine's day is near and everyone is talking about love. There are those who have their partners, and there are those who does not have. Well, I’m one of the people who does not have. I’ve been single for about 21 years now (and I’m 21 years old), but there are these questions that I have been asking in my mind: Is love all about having a partner? Can love be only shown to your partner? Why do many people think that love is all about these?

I had become curious and I’ve searched about the real meaning of love, then I started looking at our world right now to see the answers. Happenings in this world can now be easily seen through the internet, and as I’m browsing, another question was added into my mind. Where is the love?

Love. The real meaning of love is hard to find in our world right now. Many people around the world had just become so wicked. Murderers, thieves, corrupt leaders and terrorists are just everywhere. I mean, WHERE IS THE LOVE? Many people had been blinded from this truth. They thought love is only about having a partner, but it us not. Love is a serious subject. Love is what this world needs now.

Love can also be shown to your family, to your friends, to that poor man at the corner of your street, to your pets, and etc. This has been taken for granted by many these days as people narrowed the meaning of love into having a partner. Many forgot the broad and real meaning of love. Even me, I admit that I do forget the real meaning of love as there is hatred in my heart seeing the wickedness that people show. I really can’t contain myself as I see the wickedness that people do to their fellow human, animals, and the nature.

But the good thing is that there is this One who portrayed to us what real love is. As I’m browsing on my facebook account, I’ve found this photo and gave me the real meaning of love and valentine.


This is love. Love is when you give up something that is important for the sake of someone else. I pray that everyone would look at love this way. Jesus died for every man in the world! I pray that every man would look at another just as Jesus look at them. Jesus died for that person, so love that person! And not just that person, but every creation of God! God created those animals and the nature to show His love for us and for us to take care of, and they must not be taken for granted! I pray that every valentine, instead of looking for a partner or dating with your partner, all of us will remember what real love is. We must remember what God has done for us and show the kind of love that He has shown to us to His other creations.

Advanced Happy Valentine's and God bless. :)


Original link for the photos:
http://www.suhaibwebb.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/vQxdw8WwRokb36tfyOxoZCMzo1_400.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjCA9NoDrX30VIvWJwyVSZxg_FGitE0nIy-8lkJYEI0S3Sqy-BnupmXiKjCf6kfgwZbg0tt3Q5SB3xW870zp4pq91pMYDS9QcIqruoV7ZCpxgTPHPeo6zoD2uoNsfnR_3mTo5iQ2yb9PuN7/s1600/valentine_john_3_16.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hi ranjan! Thanks! It has been a long time since I posted here in my blog. But I'm back now! You can now read my new post. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete