John 4:10

“If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
-John 4:10, NIV

November 29, 2011

Imitate what is good!

“Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God."
-3 John 1:11, NIV

I was struck deeply when I read this because I believe that it is the Lord who talked to me in this verse.

The Lord told me that I should not be corrupted be the things of the world. He said that I must be zealous and continue on serving Him more. He wants me to be still with my faith even at the times I am surrounded by evil things.

Instead of letting myself be corrupted by these evil things and imitate them, the Lord told me to just imitate what is good. He told me this so that even though I am surrounded by evil things, I would know how to stand against them and rebuke them from corrupting my soul. With this, I realized that it is a great thing that I have been a part of a church which is consisted of good people who are living with the right doctrine. It is great that I am with them because it is through them that I know what I should imitate. The Lord also told me that by this way, by imitating what is good, I would be recognized as a man that comes from Him.

I do not want to imitate what is evil because I do not want to be categorized as someone who has not seen God. I do not want to become a Christian with a blind soul. I want to be recognized as a man that is from Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment