John 4:10

“If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
-John 4:10, NIV

December 08, 2011

NOAH’S ARK: The Story of My Friends' and Family’s Salvation

In Noah’s time, the world was filled with men who were living for their own pleasure and evil desires. The Lord’s heart was filled with pain as He was looking at what had happened to the world and the men He created, and because of this, the Lord decided to wipe everything that lives on the face of the earth. BUT there was this one man, whose name was Noah, who has found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

Noah is a man who is unlike any other man who lives in his time. He did not follow the men’s wicked ways and was found blameless among them, and because of this, the Lord favored him. The Lord commanded Noah to build an ark so that he and his family would be spared from His coming wrath. Now, Noah, without any complaint, obeyed the command and built an ark. After Noah has finished building the ark, the Lord commanded him to enter it together with his family and the pairs of animals of every kind, both clean and unclean. Noah obeyed again without any complaint. After Noah has done everything the Lord told him to do, the great flood came and washed every living creature on the face of the earth, leaving no one alive. The flood lasted for 150 days, and only Noah and those who were inside the ark were saved.


I was amazed when I read this story of Noah in my bible. Why? Well, he and his family were the only ones who survived the wrath of God in their time! So what did Noah do that he was spared from the wrath of God?

  1. Noah didn’t follow the wicked ways of men
“…Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.”
-Genesis 6:9, NIV

Noah is unlike any other men who lived in his time. He didn’t go with the flow and follow their wicked ways, but instead, he went against it and walked faithfully with God. This is the reason why Noah has found favor in the eyes of the Lord. (Genesis 6:8)

  1. Noah obeyed the Lord
“And Noah did all that the LORD commanded him.”
-Genesis 6:22, NIV

Without any complaint, Noah obeyed everything that the Lord has commanded Him to do. He followed all of the Lord’s instructions on how he should build the ark and finished it. If he had not been obedient to the Lord, he would have shared the wrath of God together with the wicked men of his time.

With just these two things that Noah did, he was spared from the wrath of God. Wow. And not just that! The Lord also revealed to me what the ark, the animals, and Noah’s family means in my life! And these are the things the Lord told me:

Ø      The ARK is MY LIFE IN CHRIST
-Noah built the ark with full obedience and without any complaint, and the ark he built spared him from the wrath of God. Now, the Lord told me that if I build my life with full obedience to Him and His Son’s commands, He guarantees my salvation from His wrath that is about to come.

Ø      NOAH’S FAMILY is MY FAMILY
-It was just Noah who had found favor in the eyes of God. But because of this favor, the Lord told Noah that his family must also enter the ark with him so that they would also be spared from His wrath. The Lord told me that if I win my family and make them join me in my life in Christ, my family would also be spared from His coming wrath.

Ø      The ANIMALS are the people who will enter and will be a part my life.
-Every animal, both clean and unclean, that entered the ark of Noah was spared from the wrath of God. The Lord told me that every person, both good and not so good people whom I would win and would join me in my life in Christ would also be spared from His coming wrath.

Wow, wow, wow. This revelation and the promise that the Lord gave me made my heart pound very fast! These things that had been revealed to me gave me this great motivation to become more obedient to the Lord’s commands! Oh, yes Lord! I RECEIVE!

I WANT TO BE SAVED! I WANT MY FAMILY TO BE SAVED! I WANT EVERYONE WHO ENTERS MY LIFE TO BE SAVED!


Original link for the photo: http://www.garvandwane.com/religion/noah.html

No comments:

Post a Comment