John 4:10

“If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
-John 4:10, NIV

December 30, 2011

David and the Stone

The story of David and Goliath has become a classic story that almost everyone knows, where the small guy, David, put down the giant Goliath with just a sling and a single stone. This story has become an ordinary story to me for almost all my years, but when I became a Christian, I have found out that this story is not just like the fairy tales we know. I have found out the deeper meaning of the story and the message that God wants to say to us, and I have to say that this has become a great revelation for me. I have also found out that the stone that David used to put down Goliath is not just an ordinary stone, because it is “GRACE”.


Most people look at “GRACE” as something small, like the stone that David used. But what these people don’t know is that this small thing, this “GRACE” is the only thing they need to put down all the giants (all kinds of problems and troubles) that are standing against them in their lives! Yes, “GRACE” is all you need to overcome.

Now, I want to make my point strong by showing you this verse, which happened before David faced Goliath.

“Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd's bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine”
-1 Samuel 17:40, NIV

If you observed the verse very carefully, I believe that you will have this question in your mind:

"If the stone is “GRACE”, then why did David took FIVE stones if ONE stone is enough to put down Goliath?"

Yes, I have told you that the stone is "GRACE", but I want you to know this: "GRACE" does not pertain only to that one stone that David used, but to these 5 stones that David picked! I want to tell you that in Bible numerology, 5 IS THE NUMBER OF GRACE.

"Now, if the “GRACE” is pertaining to the FIVE STONES, then why did David use only ONE?"

It is because “GRACE” is MORE THAN ENOUGH to put down Goliath. The “GRACE” is MORE THAN ENOUGH for you to overcome your struggles in life! The “GRACE” that God embedded inside of you is MORE THAN ENOUGH for you to overcome life! The only reason why you feel like you cannot overcome is that you are not putting your confidence in that “GRACE”. Imitate David, he put all his confidence to that stone, that is why he just needed one shot to put down that Goliath.

Now, do you want to be an overcomer? God has already given us the stone, His grace, which is Christ Jesus! All we have to do is to put all our confidence in His grace, in Christ Jesus. Jesus is our stone, and with Him nothing can stand against us.

And now, I want you to say this with all your heart: Jesus is in me. He is more than enough for me. He is greater than all of my troubles, and in Him, I will become an overcomer of my life.

If you believe in that with all your heart, then congratulations, you are an overcomer!


Original link for the photo: http://kingsenglish.info/2011/04/06/david-and-goliath/

No comments:

Post a Comment