John 4:10

“If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
-John 4:10, NIV

September 23, 2012

Wake up!

“Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God.”
-Revelation 3:2

It has been more than a year since I’ve accepted Christ in my life. There had been lots of ups and downs for me. My first 6 months as a Christian, I could say, was the time I became very intimate with my relationship with God, and was working very hard to win as many souls for Him. I was very consistent in my devotions, prayer, attending church fellowships and cell groups in that time, but then a time came to me where a bigger responsibility was given to me in my office work. Because of this, my old devotion has weakened and the Christ-like attitude I was practicing when I was consistent is slowly dying. I admit, I had become a compromiser because of that.

But when I was reading Revelation 3:1-6 for my devotion, God told me to wake up. And then I then realized that my faith, which is what remains to me now is slowly dying. My intimate relationship with God has dropped dramatically because of the great responsibility given to me in my office work. I had less time doing my devotions and most of the time, I worry and become very irritated because of the timelines we have in our work – I have compromised so many times. But then, because of this verse, God reminded me that it’s not too late. He said that I still have this faith remaining – but it’s slowly dying. God is telling me to go back to my old devotion with Him, strengthen my faith again and continue on living for Him. He wants me to wake up!

“Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
-Revelation 3:3

God, again, reminded me and gave me a warning – He said that if I don’t want to lose the salvation I had when I first received Him, then I should go back to Him, repent and start obeying Him again. God is challenging me to stop being a compromiser, and start to live a serious devoted Christian life for Him!

I believe that God has personally revealed this to me because He doesn’t want me to continue living as a compromiser, but I also believe that God wants this to be told as a warning too to everyone who is in Him – especially to those who are like me who became compromisers. He is telling us that it’s all our choice, we could continue living as compromisers or to continue living as devoted Christians for God. It’s all up to us which way to choose, but I pray that we all choose become devoted Christians.


Original link for the photo: http://www.brays-ingles.com/images/wakeup.gif.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment